Buy new:
To see product details, add this item to your cart.
Ships from: Socal Data Systems
Sold by: Socal Data Systems
To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
Ships from and sold by PCH MICRO.
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.

Western Digital 3TB WD Red Plus NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD - 5400 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, CMR, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD30EFRX

4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars 23,876 ratings

3TB

Purchase options and add-ons

About this item

• Available in capacities ranging from 1-14TB with support for up to 8 bays
  • 5400RPM performance class
  • Supports up to 180 TB/yr workload rate*| * Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred ✕ (8760 / recorded power-on hours))
  • NASware firmware for compatibility
  • Small or medium business NAS systems in a 24x7 environment
  • 3-year limited warranty
  • This model uses CMR technology and is being renamed “WD Red Plus” to distinguish it from the current “WD Red” product, which uses SMR technology
  • During this transition period, WD Red Plus devices may be delivered with a ”WD Red” label, but rest assured the device you are receiving will be the CMR-version of WD Red and can be confirmed by the model number

Frequently bought together

$138.00
Only 2 left in stock - order soon.
Ships from and sold by Socal Data Systems.
+
$296.99
Get it as soon as Sunday, Mar 31
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
Some of these items ship sooner than the others.
Choose items to buy together.

Important information

Legal Disclaimer

As used for storage capacity, one gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes and one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment.

Compare with similar items

This Item
Western Digital 3TB WD Red Plus NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD - 5400 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, CMR, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD30EFRX
Recommendations
Western Digital 4TB WD Red Plus NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD - 5400 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, CMR, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" -WD40EFPX
dummy
Toshiba N300 8TB NAS 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive - CMR SATA 6 GB/s 7200 RPM 256 MB Cache - HDWG480XZSTA, Silver
dummy
Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS Internal Hard Drive CMR 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 5400 RPM 64MB Cache for RAID Network Attached Storage Rescue Services (ST4000VNZ06/006)
dummy
Western Digital 1TB WD Red Plus NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD - 5400 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, CMR, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD10EFRX
dummy
Western Digital 2TB WD Red Pro NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD - 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, CMR, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD2002FFSX
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$138.00-17% $99.79
List:$119.99
$157.99$94.99$87.49-21% $92.99
List:$117.03
Delivery
Customer Ratings
Easy to install
Storage Capacity
Noise level
Value for money
Quality of material
Sold By
Socal Data Systems
TheTechGroup
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
ALL4COMPUTERS - (SIGNATURE REQUIRED)
Amazon.com
storage capacity
3 TB
0 TB
8 TB
4 TB
1 TB
2 TB
hardware interface
sata 6 0 gb
sata 6 0 gb
sata 6 0 gb
sata 6 0 gb
sata 6 0 gb
sata 6 0 gb
compatible devices
NASware 3.0 firmware (PC; Mac )
NAS System
Desktop
Desktop
Desktop
Designed with CMR technology for medium or large-sized businesses in RAID-optimized NAS systems with up to 24 bays. Perfect for archiving, sharing and handling high-intensity workloads.
form factor
3.5-inch
3.5-inch
3.5-inch
3.5-inch
3.5-inch
3.5-inch
read speed
147 megabytes per second
260 megabytes per second
180 megabytes per second
150 megabytes per second
147 megabytes per second

From the manufacturer

BACKUP AND SHARE

BACKUP AND SHARE

Designed for small or medium-sized businesses ideal for archiving and sharing with up to 14TB and built for up to 8-bays.

Tackle Intensity with WD Red Plus

Packed with power to handle the small- to medium-sized business NAS environments and increased workloads for SOHO customers, WD Red Plus is ideal for archiving and sharing, as well as RAID array rebuilding on systems using ZFS and other file systems.

For Small or Medium Businesses

Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content with a NAS and WD Red Plus drives designed to effortlessly share content with the devices at your home or business. NASware 3.0 technology increases your drives’ compatibility with your existing network and devices. For larger businesses with up to 24-bays, count on WD Red Pro drives to deliver exceptional performance.

Explore WD Red NAS Solutions

WD Red Plus

WD Red Plus

Artboard 1 copy

WD Red

WD Red Pro

WD Red Pro

WD Red SN700

WD Red SN700

Customer Reviews
4.6 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
Technology
HDD HDD HDD SSD
Interface
SATA 6 Gb/s SATA 6 Gb/s SATA 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 NVMe
Capacity
Up to 14TB Up to 6TB Up to 22TB 250GB-4TB
Form Factor
3.5" 3.5" 3.5" M.2 2280 NVMe
Purpose Built for
Small to Medium Business Personal/Home Office Larger Scale Business Small to Medium Business

Product information

Technical Details

Collapse all

Additional Information

Warranty & Support

Amazon.com Return Policy:You may return any new computer purchased from Amazon.com that is "dead on arrival," arrives in damaged condition, or is still in unopened boxes, for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Amazon.com reserves the right to test "dead on arrival" returns and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product. Any returned computer that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering will result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product. Amazon.com will not accept returns of any desktop or notebook computer more than 30 days after you receive the shipment. New, used, and refurbished products purchased from Marketplace vendors are subject to the returns policy of the individual vendor.
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF ]

Feedback

Western

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

/
/
/
/
Please sign in to provide feedback.

Looking for specific info?

Product Description

Packed with power to handle the small- to medium-sized business NAS environments and increased workloads for SOHO customers, WD Red Plus is ideal for archiving and sharing, as well as RAID array rebuilding on systems using ZFS and other file systems. Built and tested for up to 8-bay NAS systems, these drives give you the flexibility, versatility, and confidence in storing and sharing your precious home and work files.

Customer reviews

4.6 out of 5 stars
4.6 out of 5
23,876 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the value, ease of installation, temperature and quality of the computer drive. For example, they mention it's a decent buy, runs cool and is reliable. They appreciate the storage space and noise level.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

2,024 customers mention1,516 positive508 negative

Customers like the quality of the computer drive. They say it's a reliable workhorse for network storage needs. They also say it has a fairly high quality and has lasted for over five years without any problems. Some customers also mention that it'll be more reliable in a RAID compared to other WD drives.

"...Last Test: N/ANo bad sector detected.No ATA error detected.SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 16..." Read more

"...that in my experience and for my needs, the WD Red line is an excellent NAS drive and will continue to use them in the foreseeable future...." Read more

"...Not sure why. Efficiency maybe??? Regardless, the drives have been great so far and I hope are reliable for the next several years until I get the..." Read more

"...The first drive started failing after about 6 years of constant use and was promptly replaced with no array issues...." Read more

1,951 customers mention1,714 positive237 negative

Customers like the performance of the drive. They say that it works well for their intended purpose, and is fast when transferring data. Customers also mention that the drives operate without errors and are recognized perfectly.

"...Since I was in there I simply disabled it. These drives are working flawlessly thus far as I have the two 3TB drives in a media center running Media..." Read more

"...The transfer speeds are higher and they don't run nearly as hot which explains their great longevity under enterprise environment...." Read more

"...far outlived anything I could have expected, and are still operating without errors...." Read more

"I've used these for several years in my Synology NAS and they work great!" Read more

618 customers mention534 positive84 negative

Customers like the noise of the hard drive. For example, they mention it's quiet, reliable, and has very low noise/vibration. Some say that the drives are not any louder than the 4TB drives they replaced. Some mention that the 2TB Red drives are cooler and quieter than their previous drives.

"...The drives run a bit quieter than the original RED drives and the temp seems to be about 10 degrees cooler on each. Not sure why. Efficiency maybe???..." Read more

"...It's not as noisy, and certainly runs cooler than the dead Seagate, but time will tell.UPDATE: 10-14-12..." Read more

"...The drives are surprisingly quiet. I had an enterprise RE2 500GB in my NAS, and it was thunderstorm loud compared to these...." Read more

"...about a week later and it has been running for 8 months now, cooler and quieter. I switched to Flexraid using cruise control in snapshot mode...." Read more

464 customers mention427 positive37 negative

Customers are satisfied with the value of the computer drive. They mention that it is a decent buy, and a good price for the performance and reliability it provides.

"...in both sizes and formats, I found that by far, WD has the best NAS drives for the money and they are not that much more expensive than a regular..." Read more

"...at 1,000,000 hours, they use less power, and they are cheaper than other enterprise drives...." Read more

"...So, this WD drive looked like a pretty good deal, and I decided to go ahead and buy it...." Read more

"Awesome price! Just what i was looking for to upgrade my NAS! Will buy from this seller again and agian." Read more

286 customers mention264 positive22 negative

Customers like the storage space provided by the hard drive. They say it's great for storing large amounts of files, has a reliable solution for their storage needs, and has hefty capacity. Some say that the drive has room to grow and is the best drive for serious file storage. Overall, customers are satisfied with the storage capabilities of the product.

"...They function really well for extra storage in my HTPC, and I'm going to buy more as the size increase...." Read more

"...This has a nice large capacity, and has proven to be plenty fast for storage and Photoshop work, and also for working with my video files while..." Read more

"The short summary: these work great for bulk file storage in the home--built to be continually powered up and to store large amounts of data for..." Read more

"...But if you're just looking for large storage capacity, with reliability of being on a lot and being used a lot, the REDs are a great way to go...." Read more

284 customers mention267 positive17 negative

Customers find the installation process of the WD Red 4TB NAS desktop hard drives to be simple and easy. They mention that the drives are easy to build and rebuild if they have problems, and that the Mobious Enclosure makes it simple to load each drive. Additionally, customers appreciate the ease of use of the warranty support and the painless migration process.

"...a 4tb and a 3tb WD Red in my computer and they've been absolutely trouble free...." Read more

"...Simple easy!!! Lower power saves you money in electricity over the years using it and less heat means longer lasting drives!..." Read more

"...than the Green drives that they replaced, and so far have not given me a bit a trouble...." Read more

"...So far I've been happy with the ease of use of the WD Red 4TB NAS desktop hard drives...." Read more

248 customers mention225 positive23 negative

Customers like the temperature of the hard drive. They mention that it runs cool, has a low temperature (27-35 Celsius) in the aluminum case, and stays at room temperature without a fan. They also say that less heat means longer-lasting drives.

"...The transfer speeds are higher and they don't run nearly as hot which explains their great longevity under enterprise environment...." Read more

"...UPDATE 12/31/12No problems, runs cool, streams media great. The same goes for the 2- 2TB "RED" label drives in use...." Read more

"...The temperature is also very reasonable...." Read more

"...you money in electricity over the years using it and less heat means longer lasting drives! How can you go wrong?..." Read more

99 customers mention93 positive6 negative

Customers like the appearance of the computer drive. They say it looks great, has nice design features, and is well suited for their tasks. Customers also mention that the enclosure and exhaust are cool, and the red sticker is cool.

"...Anyway these drives are low power, cool, and quiet. Compared to the WD Black drives, they are a dream come true...." Read more

"...Have two 3TB drives in raid 1. Quiet and cool, no problems whatsoever yet...." Read more

"...Getting uncompressed transfer speeds over 170MBs. They are quite and cool. Very happy so far.12-30-2015...." Read more

"...drives are in use since 6 months, all looks goods, cool drives, low temperature (27-35 Celsius) in the ventilated RAID cage...." Read more

Works Great in Windows HTPC!!
5 Stars
Works Great in Windows HTPC!!
I'm an HTPC enthusiast, and I'm using this 10TB red drive in my Windows HTPC. I'm running a 60GB SSD that holds my Windows 10 Pro OS, and then I have several other much larger internal drives that I store my audio/video files on. I would not recommend installing your operating system on a hard drive this large. I can only imagine the problems you'd run into. I have been running these red drives as extra storage for awhile now, and they work extremely well for the intended purpose. I've been replacing my smaller green drives as they have aged, and it's sad that WD doesnt make the green drives in these larger sizes. I've only found the blue drives in sizes up to 6TB, so these larger red drives really fit the bill. They are the only 5200rpm WD drives I can find this large. If I run out of space in the main hard drive bay, I always install them in a 5.25 inch bay adapter, with at least a 80cm cooling fan. The main drive bay has a bigger fan of it's own. Make sure you have a fan blowing on these large drives. Without proper cooling they can reach temps of 50C+ really quick, and that can mean a loss of your precious files. I've been collecting stuff for 25+ years and I cant risk a loss. So, I always do a full format on my new drives from the start. Its a great way to test a new drive before you start moving those files over to the new drive. A full format on a 10TB hard drive will take around 12.5 hours, so just let it run overnight. Your fully formatted size will be 9314GB under the Windows OS. If you dont understand that then search the internet, it's everywhere as to why. This drive was sold as a "Plus" drive, but I didnt see it printed anywhere on the drive as you can see. It doesnt matter to me though, because I will not being using it in a NAS system. I wasnt real happy about the manufactured date because it was almost a year ago. Would've preferred a drive with a more recent date. Other than those 2 things, I havent run into any issues with these red drives. They function really well for extra storage in my HTPC, and I'm going to buy more as the size increase. I sure do wish WD would make green or blue drives in these sizes, not sure why they dont.
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry, there was an error
Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2015
Capacity: 3TBVerified Purchase
2 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on April 26, 2015
4 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on February 22, 2024
Reviewed in the United States on February 24, 2024
Capacity: 14TBVerified Purchase

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
Kalel Bittar Rosas
2.0 out of 5 stars Modelo recebido não é o anunciado.
Reviewed in Brazil on February 15, 2022
Capacity: 6TBVerified Purchase
Nick Julian
5.0 out of 5 stars Great for just pure storage
Reviewed in Canada on December 10, 2021
Capacity: 8TBVerified Purchase
Borjap
5.0 out of 5 stars Muy buen disco duro
Reviewed in Spain on January 30, 2024
Capacity: 4TBVerified Purchase
Pawelsky
1.0 out of 5 stars UWAGA! To nie sa dyski EFRX tylko EFAX!!!
Reviewed in Poland on December 31, 2023
Customer image
Pawelsky
1.0 out of 5 stars UWAGA! To nie sa dyski EFRX tylko EFAX!!!
Reviewed in Poland on December 31, 2023
Dyski ktore dostalem to WD30EFAX (SMR) zamiast WD30EFRX (CMR) jak w opisie! Dyski odeslane, czekam na zwrot pieniedzy.
Images in this review
Customer image
Customer image
Carlos Oliveira
5.0 out of 5 stars Disco específico para RAID - Home NAS
Reviewed in Brazil on April 27, 2021
Capacity: 4TBVerified Purchase
Customer image
Carlos Oliveira
5.0 out of 5 stars Disco específico para RAID - Home NAS
Reviewed in Brazil on April 27, 2021
Este disco de modelo WD40EFRX tem garantia de 3 anos. O que falhou tinha 4, ligado e funcionando contínuamente, 24horas.
Já fez o sincronismo e opera em RAID com o outro disco que ainda está firme.
Excelente para aplicações críticas.
Images in this review
Customer image Customer image
Customer imageCustomer image