To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Added
Sold by: prof in PA
Sold by: prof in PA
(4310 ratings)
99% positive over last 12 months
Shipping rates and Return policy
Added
Sold by: Dream Books Co.
Sold by: Dream Books Co.
(50119 ratings)
93% positive over last 12 months
Added
Sold by: onlinebob1
Sold by: onlinebob1
(3464 ratings)
95% positive over last 12 months

Les Misérables (2012) [Blu-ray]

4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 21,445 ratings
IMDb7.5/10.0

To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
Additional Multi-Format options Edition Discs
Price
New from Used from
Multi-Format
March 22, 2013
Blu-ray + DVD + Digital
$2.75 $1.49
Multi-Format
January 28, 2014
Blu-ray + DVD + DIGITAL with UltraViolet
$37.99
Watch Instantly with Rent Buy

Purchase options and add-ons

Genre Les Miserables - The Movie, Musicals & Performing Arts, Drama, DVD Movie, Les Miserables: The Movie, Blu-ray Movie See more
Format Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, Ultraviolet, DTS Surround Sound, AC-3, Subtitled, Color, Dolby, Widescreen See more
Contributor Amanda Seyfried, Eric Fellner, Herbert Kretzmer, Anne Hathaway, William Nicholson, Cameron Mackintosh, Daniel Huttleston, Russell Crowe, Helena Bonham Carter, Samantha Barks, Frances Ruffelle, Adrian Scarborough, Tom Hooper, Tim Bevan, Ian Pirie, Claude-Michel Schonberg, Hugh Jackman, Eddie Redmayne, Sacha Baron Cohen, Alain Boublil, Aaron Tveit See more
Language English
Runtime 5 hours and 16 minutes
Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.
Digital Copy Notice: The purchase of this DVD or Blu-ray disc comes with rights to access a complimentary digital version from the production company. To access the digital copy, redeem the code included in your product packaging before the expiration date. Learn more

Frequently bought together

$9.49
Get it as soon as Monday, Mar 18
Only 16 left in stock - order soon.
Sold by muboutletstore and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
+
$8.99
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
+
$5.99
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
Some of these items ship sooner than the others.
Choose items to buy together.

Product Description

Product description

Les Miser(Br+Dv+Dc+Uv

Amazon.com

Les Misérables is a deeply powerful film that's rich with raw feeling, the grittiness of life in 19th-century France, and the conflict between right, wrong, and the concept of redemption. Les Misérables takes viewers on an emotionally exhausting journey as it follows ex-convict Jean Valjean (Hugh Jackman) after his release from prison. Valjean breaks parole, but he is granted a second chance by a kind bishop. He then moves from place to place throughout France, trying to live an honest life while ruthless policeman Javert (Russell Crowe) hunts him relentlessly. Valjean meets the broken-spirited Fantine (Anne Hathaway), promises to care for her daughter Cosette (Amanda Seyfried) as Fantine is about to die, and finds his own life completely changed as a result of that promise. Like the stage play, the film is dark, gritty, and passionate, but it enhances the sense of place in early- to mid-1800s France as a staged version simply cannot. The intricately woven plot is somewhat easier to understand here, thanks to an abundance of visual cues and the camera's unique ability to focus in so closely on the actors' faces. In fact, the intimacy of the extreme close-ups used throughout is at once uncomfortable and hugely effective. The vocal performances are generally quite good, especially considering the decision to record them live versus the customary overdubbing. Sure, some of the actors' voices seem pushed and strained at times, but that fact often only adds to the emotional intensity of the moment. Hathaway's performance is stellar, both for her vocal prowess and for the depth of feeling conveyed and maintained in her facial expressions throughout even the lengthiest and closest of close-ups. While Crowe seems an odd choice for Javert and is definitely outsung by the other members of the cast, he holds his own when it really counts with solos that are on-pitch and arguably even more powerful for their imperfections. Discerning listeners will not choose the film's Highlights from the Motion Picture Soundtrack over the full-length London or Broadway cast recordings, but sometimes an outstanding performance isn't all about musical perfection--the overall Les Misérables film experience is definitely one of those cases. New for the film is the song "Suddenly," written by the musical's original composer and lyricist Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg. Trivia buffs will note that the bishop is played by Colm Wilkinson, who originally played Valjean in the London and Broadway stage productions, and Whore #1 is played by the original London and Broadway Eponine, Frances Ruffelle. --Tami Horiuchi

Product details

• Digital Copy Expiration Date ‏ : ‎ April 30, 2015
  • Aspect Ratio ‏ : ‎ 1.85:1
  • Is Discontinued By Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ No
  • MPAA rating ‏ : ‎ PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
  • Product Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 6.75 x 5.35 x 0.45 inches; 3.2 ounces
  • Item model number ‏ : ‎ MHV61125042BR
  • Director ‏ : ‎ Tom Hooper
  • Media Format ‏ : ‎ Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, Ultraviolet, DTS Surround Sound, AC-3, Subtitled, Color, Dolby, Widescreen
  • Run time ‏ : ‎ 5 hours and 16 minutes
  • Release date ‏ : ‎ March 22, 2013
  • Actors ‏ : ‎ Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne
  • Subtitles: ‏ : ‎ French, Spanish
  • Producers ‏ : ‎ Tim Bevan, Cameron Mackintosh, Eric Fellner
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (DTS 5.1)
  • Studio ‏ : ‎ Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B005S9EKCW
  • Writers ‏ : ‎ William Nicholson, Alain Boublil, Claude-Michel Schonberg, Herbert Kretzmer
  • Number of discs ‏ : ‎ 2
  • Customer Reviews:
    4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 21,445 ratings

Important information

To report an issue with this product or seller, click here.

Customer reviews

4.7 out of 5 stars
4.7 out of 5
21,445 global ratings
A younger person's review
4 Stars
A younger person's review
First off, I love the music of Les Mis, I was never fortunate enough to see it professionally but I listened to the original London soundtrack growing up, which led me to be interested in the Broadway soundtrack (which is more similar to the movie than the London version is) and I've read the novel. I do think that the movie was well casted, for the singing to have been as good as a Broadway show the movie would have had to be animated so that Susan Boyle could play Fantine. Also let's be realistic here, they were obviously using star power to boost promotion of the movie.I actually like Anne Hathaway's portrayal of Fantine and don't think that she "weakened" the character as other's have suggested. She is dignified, then put in a desperate situation where she has to do things she finds repulsive- Hathaway's portrayal of her showed the misery in that. Amanda Seyfried made an adorable and adequate Cosette, British cutie Eddie Redmayne made a lovable and sympathetic Marius, Russell Crowe was a stern and believable Javert, Helena Bonham Carter did what she always does which worked fine for Mrs. Thénardier. The only actor I question as a good choice is the lead, Hugh Jackman (AKA Wolverine to my generation). He gets by most of his songs OK, particularly the ones in the beginning because you are excited to start watching the movie. The song "Suddenly" (sung immediately after Cosette is "purchased" and before Crow sings "Stars") added for the movie (for no reason) is terrible and creepy- singing about falling in love with a little girl while her head is on your lap and you're stroking her hair? Enough said. "Bring Him Home" (Towards the end of the film when Valjean finds out that Cosette is in love with Marius) is a huge failure by Jackman, and this is a point in the movie when you start to look at your watch and play on your smart phone. That being said, I added the entire soundtrack to my iPod with the exception of those two songs. The movie ran a bit long- I feel that either parts should have been shortened/cut or the movie should have been longer and split into two parts (as the trend is with movies nowadays).I still loved the movie, but one thing really did bother me- why didn't Fantine's Angel have long pretty hair? lol, she wasn't wearing a hospital gown and she was wearing make up so we know that Angels aren't stuck looking the way they did when they died. Her appearance at the end of the film was ruined for me (I actually whispered to my friend in the theater "Why can't she have pretty hair in heaven?") haha
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry, there was an error
Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on January 1, 2013
418 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on April 25, 2013
8 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on February 28, 2024

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
David