Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.

La Crosse Technology BC1000 Alpha Power Battery Charger

4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 1,735 ratings

To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
Brand La Crosse Technology
Color Silver, Yellow, Blue, Black
Product Dimensions 3"D x 5.1"W x 1.5"H
Item Weight 1.5 Pounds
Input Voltage 240 Volts

About this item

• Specifications : Input voltage for AC/DC adapter: 100-240 VAC , Charging current range: 200 mA - 1800 mA . Power Requirements : Display : AC power adaptor included , Dimensions : Display : 3.00 x 1.50 x 5.10 (are in inches )
  • Lcd shows capacity for each battery when charging is complete
  • Charges aa and aaa rechargeable batteries simultaneously
  • Select different charging current for each channel: charge, discharge, refresh, test; automatically switches to trickle charge when charging is complete to ensure maximum battery capacity
  • Overheat detection to protect over-charging
  • Works with all nicd and nimh "AA" and "AAA" rechargeable batteries; charges AA and AAA rechargeable batteries simultaneously
  • LCD shows capacity for each battery when charging is complete

Compare with similar items

This Item
Recommendations
Panasonic BQ-CC55SBA Advanced eneloop Individual Rechargeable Battery 3 Hour Quick Charger with 4 LED Color Charge Indicator Lights
dummy
Panasonic BQ-CC65AKBBA Super Advanced eneloop pro and eneloop 4-Position Quick Charger with LCD Indicator Panel and USB Charging Port, Black
dummy
Amazon Basics Battery Charger for AA & AAA Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries (Ni-MH) With USB Port, Black
dummy
Battery Charger Analyzer Tester for Li-ion NiMH NiCd Rechargeable Batteries C3400 BT-C3400 AA AAA C 18650
dummy
Panasonic K-KJ17KHCA4A Advanced Individual Cell Battery Charger Pack with 4 AA eneloop pro High Capacity Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
PriceCurrently unavailable.$32.14-5% $39.29
Typical:$41.16
$14.25$59.30-8% $36.98
List:$39.99
Delivery
Get it as soon as Monday, Apr 1
Customer Ratings
Easy to use
Battery life
Value for money
Longevity
Durability
Sold By
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
DC Workshop
SPARKYIDEA
input voltage
240 volts
240 volts
5 volts
240 volts
240 volts
110 volts
battery charge time
3 hours
1.5 hours
4 hours
9 hours
weight
1.5 pounds
0.26 pounds
225 grams
0.23 pounds
0.65 kilograms

Product guides and documents

Product information

Warranty & Support

View the Product Manual [PDF ]

Feedback

La

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

/
/
/
/
Please sign in to provide feedback.

Looking for specific info?

Product Description

Recharge your batteries! Quickly and easily charge AA and AAA batters with La Crosse Technology’s quintessential battery charger.

The BC1000 Alpha Power Battery Charger can be used to fill all NiMH or NiCd rechargeable batteries, AA & AAA.

Simultaneously charges multiple AA or AAA batteries, and can be set to different charging currents: charge, discharge, refresh, and test.

Defaults to 200mA and automatically switches to a trickle charge after completion to ensure maximum battery capacity. Overheat detection so not to overcharge and the charger will detect a dead battery.

Great gift idea for photographers, toy operators, and constant battery users. Completely portable and great for on the go or just keep it in your home for daily use!

What’s In the Bag?

• Sturdy Adjustable Nylon Carrying Tote Bag with detachable metal clips

• Spacious inside double pockets

• Webbed side sleeve for additional storage

• Includes 4 AA & 4 AAA NiMH rechargeable (shrink-wrapped) batteries

• AC power adapter

• Front Zippered kangaroo pouch includes individual pockets to carry included 4 C size 1.2v battery adapters which are included inside 4 D size adapters

Special Features:

• LCD display capacity level after completion

• Simultaneously charges AA & AAA, both NiMH or NiCd rechargeables

• Select different currents: charge, discharge, refresh, test

• Automatic trickle charge for maximum battery life

• Detects dead batteries & overheat protection

Simple Operation:

1. Plug AC power adapter into charger & wall outlet. Insert batteries
  2. Select Mode: Charge, Discharge/Charge, Refresh/Charge, Test/Charge
  3. Select Charging Current (Rate): 200mA up to 1800mA

Specifications:

• Charges Battery Types: AA/AAA NiCd and NiMH

• Input voltage: 100-240 VAC but MUST have the proper adapter.
(Twisting prongs on A/C cord will damage unit)

• Charging Current: Selectable charging current : 200, 500, 700 or 1000mA. When only channel 1 and/or channel 4 are used, can select up 1500 or 1800 mA.

• Max Charging Capacity: 3000 mAh

Customer reviews

4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5
1,735 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the charging capabilities of the battery charger. For example, they appreciate the readout, the ability to do more complicated charge cycles, and the ability for the user to program the charging times. Customers are also impresseded with the battery capacity and flexibility. That said, opinions are mixed on quality, ease of use, value, heating, and size.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

853 customers mention594 positive259 negative

Customers are mixed about the quality of the battery charger. Some mention that the capabilities are world class, it's an excellent charger for anyone that needs to charge on-the-go, and has a great variety of charging/discharge rates. However, others say that when they get used up, their voltage is too low, and the delta voltage change occurs too slowly. They also say that the batteries are often defective and that you cannot subsequently increase the charging current for a new cell.

"...It comes with 8 batteries, 4 AA, and 4 AAA, and 4 D-Cell adapters...." Read more

"...battery charger is your answer to how to charge, refresh, fix and test the batteries while getting important technical data that is unavailable from..." Read more

"...: This is one of the more important features as it charges each battery independent from another so each battery will get the proper charge without..." Read more

"...Discharge Mode: Discharges the batteries until empty, and then charges until full...." Read more

74 customers mention55 positive19 negative

Customers like the charging of the battery charger. They mention that it has the flexibility to do more complicated charge cycles, the charging times are easily programmable by the user, and the batteries can be configured to different modes and charge rates independently. They appreciate the control over the charging process, and that it allows them to choose the charging current. Customers also like the detailed controls for charging and testing NiMH cells. They like the individual programmability for each of the four stations, and their option to use different recharge cycles like refresh and test.

"...Four modes of operation, Charge, Discharge, Refresh and Test.*..." Read more

"...-Programming: All cells can be programmed at once, which is great compared to the individual programming (if not charging at 1A) on the C9000...." Read more

"...It's main advantages are the amount of manual control it gives you and of course its ability to report data on the status of the batteries being..." Read more

"...Also, once below that critical point, this battery charger will not recognize them anymore and will say "Null" when you insert them to be..." Read more

37 customers mention28 positive9 negative

Customers like the battery capacity of the charger. They say it can track the battery's capacity, perform thorough refresh cycles, and measure the charged capacity in mAh or Ah for each battery. Customers also appreciate the capacity test function, which is nice. They mention that the charger has a great variety of charging and testing options, and that it has more reserve charging capacity.

"...The BC-1000 also has more reserve charging capacity, 4 D cell adapters that you might use more than you think, and a nylon pouch to keep things..." Read more

"...Measures the charged capacity in mAh or Ah for each battery.* Keeps track of charging or discharging time in hours and minutes.*..." Read more

"...battery charger has three overcharge protection mechanisms, delta voltage feedback, overvoltage and overheating...." Read more

"...In charge mode, does not show the current capacity(-ies)..." Read more

31 customers mention31 positive0 negative

Customers find the battery charger easy to use and versatile. They appreciate the variety of options and features it offers. Some mention that the default options are fine if they don't want to mess with them. Overall, most are happy with the versatility and functionality of the product.

"...It also comes in a travel bag and is paired with plenty of accessories like 4 2600 mAh AA batteries, 4 1000 mAh AAA batteries, and 4 C/D-size..." Read more

"Very versatile "intelligent" charger, with independent charging and settings for each battery...." Read more

"...The La Crosse BC1000 could hardly be more different. It comes with lots of options that can be applied independently to each cell...." Read more

"...It has a variety of options that allows you to keep your rechargeable batteries healthy...." Read more

158 customers mention87 positive71 negative

Customers are mixed about the ease of use of the battery charger. Some mention that it's easy to use, with simple instructions. They say that switching modes and accessing all the functionality is easy. However, others say that it isn't terribly user friendly and you have to understand what you're doing fairly well. They also say that the manual is very difficult, not straightforward, and hard to read.

"...using it to charge and recondition batteries, the La Crosses are handier to use and requires no understanding of anything to use it as just a charger..." Read more

"...* Small owner's manual but download the one from the Web. It is much better.BC1000 modes:*..." Read more

"...It's simple to operate. I only recharge batteries, so I just hit one button to select the initial current...." Read more

"...-Programming: It's somewhat different to the C9000 in that it isn't straightforward...." Read more

120 customers mention79 positive41 negative

Customers are mixed about the value of the battery charger. Some mention it's worth the price tag, a very worthwhile investment, and light for how much is offered. However, others say that the product was expensive, however the results are spectacular.

"...The C9000 is more rugged and hefty. Also the buttons feel solid and still working after a couple of years of use...." Read more

"...Light as a feather.2) The display and electronics are a ton of fun!..." Read more

"...have had MANY revisions of the product but they still suck and are overpriced...." Read more

"...It is a good deal since it is currently priced lower than the BC1000." Read more

48 customers mention27 positive21 negative

Customers are mixed about the heating of the battery charger. Some mention that it charges slowly by default, without heating the batteries. However, others say that it gets unusually hot and the AA batteries heat up to the point of triggering the overload.

"...it will do 4 at a 1000 ma, or 2 at 1800 ma, and has thermal protection for the batteries.-..." Read more

"...I've noticed, when charging at 700mA and 1000 mA, the AA batteries heated up to the point of triggering the temperature safety cutoff..." Read more

"...Has overheating protection to prevent overcharging.* You can set different charging rate for each battery as well as mode of operation...." Read more

"...] and found it better than BC1000 in many ways - except for problem with over-heating when charging 4 cells at 1000mA. Read my review on it for..." Read more

39 customers mention26 positive13 negative

Customers are mixed about the size of the battery charger. Some mention that it fits perfectly into their Tumi backpack, it's compact size, and the adapters are pretty nice. However, some say that the power cord is a little short for their needs.

"...Pros:-Compact: Compared to the C9000, this charger was smaller than I anticipated, even after looking at comparison photos of the BC-900/9009..." Read more

"...I chose it over the other leading charger because of it's compact size, lack of a blinding blue light, and simple user interface...." Read more

"...The AA size is slightly larger in diameter than normal sized AA batteries and they do not fit into most devices I would use them in...." Read more

"...It also comes in a travel bag and is paired with plenty of accessories like 4 2600 mAh AA batteries, 4 1000 mAh AAA batteries, and 4 C/D-size..." Read more

The REAL difference between BC-900 and BC-1000
5 Stars
The REAL difference between BC-900 and BC-1000
I purchased the La Crosse Technology BC1000 Alpha Power Battery Charger, not because I needed another advanced battery charger/analyzer (I already own the La Crosse BC-900, BC-700, BC-500 and the Maha MH-C9000), but because people kept asking me: "Is there any difference between BC-900/9009 and BC-1000?" So here it is, to put the issue to rest...[Exterior]Except for the color, the BC-1000 looks and feels EXACTLY the same as my old (circa 2006) BC-900. Even the boxes they came in have identical illustrations on them. Check out the customer images I uploaded to 'Customer Images' section and you'll see what I mean.[Electrical Spec]The specifications are EXACTLY the same for both chargers, namely:- Operations: Charge, Discharge, Charge/Test, Discharge/Refresh- Charging Current steps for 4 cells: 200mA (default), 500mA, 700mA, 1000mA- Extra Current steps for 1-2 cells: 1500mA, 1800mA- Acceptable battery capacity: 300-3000mAh (my previous testing showed the BC-900 can actually charge up to 3700mAh)[AC Adapter]Again, the two AC adapters looked identical except for the colors. Both are rated for 100-240V AC input, and 3V 4A output. There is, however, a small difference in their open-circuit output voltages. The BC-900's adapter measures 3.0V, while the one for BC-1000 measures 3.17VDate code on the back of BC-1000 adapter says '4710', which means 47th week, or November of 2010,[Firmware Version]My old BC-900 has firmware version '33'. The new BC-1000 shows '37', which is the same version for BC-9009 sold since middle of 2010.Note: firmware version is the number briefly displayed in the rightmost column, after you plug in your BC-900 or BC-1000.[Quirks]Sadly, the same limitations for BC-900/9009 are carried over to the BC-1000:- If you put in a completely depleted cell (battery terminal voltage under 0.5V), the charger cannot recognize it and the display says 'null'- If you were previously charging at 500mA, for example, you cannot subsequently increase the charging current for a new cell to higher than 500mA. You need to remove all cells in order to reset the maximum limit.If I stopped my comparison right here, I would have concluded that the BC-1000 is nothing more than the BC-900/9009 with a cosmetic update. But wait, there's more to the story...[Interior]After I removed the base from my BC-1000 (by the way, don't do this unless you know what you're doing), I was surprised to find a very different printed circuit board inside. There are significantly more components on the BC-1000 board compared to that on the BC-900 (refer to my uploaded picture in 'Customer Images' section):- The BC-900 has just one 'glop' covering the controller IC- The BC-1000 has two 'glops' on its PCB, suggesting that there is an extra controller. Given the past history of 'meltdown' problem with BC-9009, the most likely function for this controller is to monitor temperature during charging.- The BC-1000 also added four bulky thru-hole diodes ('B220' 2A 20V Schottky diode) on the PCB. Again, the most logical explanation is to burn off excessive power during charging, to prevent other surface mount components from over-heating and suffer a thermal runaway.[Conclusion]The BC-1000 may look exactly like the older BC-900 and BC-9009 from outside, but there is significant design overhaul that took place inside. Note that I cannot testify that BC-1000 has solved all thermal-related problems, because I have never witnessed any over-heating problem before. But as an engineer, I know that no company will accept a design change that ADDS cost to an existing product - unless it is absolutely required to fix a problem.Assuming the alleged 'meltdown' problem is really solved, one question still remains: is the BC-1000 a better value than the Maha MH-C9000 (currently available in the same price range)? Personally, I think the user interface of BC-1000 is much better, but other people may disagree. So it comes down to whether you can make use of the bonus items (4xAA + 4xAAA cells, 4xC + 4xD-cell spacers) in this package. If you can use some of them and feel that they are worth paying $10 for, then go for the BC-1000. Otherwise, you may want to consider the BC-700 at half the cost.[Update on May 11, 2012]For general questions on La Crosse chargers, check out my "BC-700/900/1000 FAQ" under BC-700 product page.http://www.amazon.com/review/RK62EGS3P082I/[Update on Feb 19, 2013]I have tested the AccuPower IQ-328 and found it to be practically identical to the BC1000 - down to the same bugs. It is worth considering at its present price (around 60% that of the BC1000).[Update on June 21, 2013]I tested the BM200 Battery Charger Analyzer and found it better than BC1000 in many ways - except for problem with over-heating when charging 4 cells at 1000mA. Read my review on it for details. The same problem exists in IQ-328, by the way.[Update on Jan 31, 2014]There is a newer model of the BM200 called the BT-C2000. It solved the thermal problem of BM200, and offered several improvements over BC1000. It is a good deal since it is currently priced lower than the BC1000.
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry, there was an error
Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on February 13, 2012
77 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on August 8, 2012
41 people found this helpful

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
Luis Javier Rodriguez
5.0 out of 5 stars funciona como debería hacerlo cualquier cargador
Reviewed in Mexico on April 27, 2021
DWG
4.0 out of 5 stars Very good charger
Reviewed in Australia on July 16, 2021
Jerry
5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Rechargable Batteries
Reviewed in Canada on April 6, 2013
7 people found this helpful
José Juan Martínez Juárez
5.0 out of 5 stars Excelente producto
Reviewed in Mexico on April 22, 2018
JimK
5.0 out of 5 stars Looking to identify which four of your many batteries have the greatest capacity so you can use them in a device ...
Reviewed in Canada on September 24, 2015
4 people found this helpful