No featured offers available
Learn more

No featured offers available

We feature offers with an Add to Cart button when an offer meets our high standards for:

• Quality Price,
  • Reliable delivery option, and
  • Seller who offers good customer service
“No featured offers available” means no offers currently meet all of these expectations. Select See All Buying Options to shop available offers.

Select delivery location

Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor for Men, 5 Blades Shaver and Trimmer - Sensor Technology, Automatic Clean and Charge Station, Wet Dry, Silver

4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 4,403 ratings

Brand Panasonic
Special Feature Hypoallergenic, Rechargeable, Cordless, Pivoting Head, Pop-Up Trimmer, Dry Shave, Wet, Travel Lock, Shave Sensor, Ergonomic Design, Lighted, Waterproof, Portable See more
Power Source Battery Powered
Included Components Self-cleaning Recharger, Adaptor, Detergent, Travel Pouch

About this item

• 5-Blade Shaving System for a Close Shave: The Panasonic five blade foil shaver uses micro-thin outer foils and ultra-sharp inner blades to capture and lift whiskers, cutting cleanly at the base .Shaves per Charge (3 min./1 shave) Approx 15 shaves.
  • Efficient, Hyper-Performance Linear Motor: Ultra-fast linear motor powers 70,000 cross-cutting actions per minute to drive mens shaver blades through thick, dense hair with ease
  • Shave Sensor and Multi-Flex Shaver Head: Intelligent sensor detects beard density and adjusts motor speed while a shaver head pivots in various directions to follow contours of the neck, chin and jaw for maximum comfort
  • Wet/Dry Operation and Built-in Trimmer: Conveniently shave in or out of the shower; Built-in, pop-up trimmer edges and details mustaches, beards and sideburns
  • Automatic Cleaning, Easy to Maintain: The Clean and Charge Station keeps the ES-LV95-S mens razor clean and battery charged; Li-Ion battery provides 40-min use on a single charge

New on Amazon
Dolce & Gabbana fragrances Shop Now

From the manufacturer

LV95-S
Panasonic Arc5 Electric Shaver, ES-LV95

Powerful Shaver with Cleaning and Charging Station

Get a close, smooth shave with the Panasonic ES-LV95-S ARC5 Premium Men’s Electric Shaver. This advanced wet dry razor for men has five precision ultra-sharp blades, a hyper-performance motor, Multi-Flex pivoting razor head and Shave Sensor to automatically adjust power for varying beard densities.

LV95
Panasonic’s Fastest Hyper-Performance Linear Motor

Panasonic’s Fastest Hyper-Performance Linear Motor

A high-performance, 14,000 CPM Linear Motor smoothly powers five blades through even thick, dense hair with ease. And the linear motor maintains full speed through the end of every battery charge.

LV95-S

5-Blade System for Fast,Close,Comfortable Shaving

Ultra-sharp inner blades, honed to a 30-degree edge, cut hair cleanly at the base. 5 arched outer foils use various patterns to ensure all hair types and lengths are captured and cut more efficiently. Blades & foils are made from hypoallergenic stainless-steel for comfort, even on sensitive skin.

Active Shave Sensor Technology

Active Shave Sensor Technology

As you shave, the electric razor's advanced sensors detect differences in beard density. Power flow is adjusted automatically to accelerate where your beard is thickest, and soften where it's not.

Premium Automatic Cleaning and Charging Station

Premium Automatic Cleaning and Charging Station

With the touch of a button, a premium cleaning & charging station automatically cleans, dries and charges the ARC5 electric shaver to keep it fresh and ready for your next shave.

Wet Dry Shaving Convenience

Wet Dry Shaving Convenience

Shave wet in the shower or dry at the sink with the wet dry convenience. And, you can shave with or without foam, cream, foam or gel.

Multi-Flex Pivoting Head

Multi-Flex Pivoting Head

As you shave, the shaver head moves side-to-side and back-and-forth, following individual contours for the ultimate in close, personalized comfort.

Precision Pop-up Trimmer

Precision Pop-up Trimmer

Instantly engage the precision pop-up shaving trimmer to quickly and easily detail sideburns and mustache, or trim down long stubble before you shave.

Get for Travel

Get for Travel

Equipped with universal voltage, travel safety lock and travel pouch for on-the-go grooming.

Compare Features

LV95

LV97

LV67

LV65

ES-ALV6HR_comparison_200 x 225

ALV6HR

WES9032P

ES-LV95 Replacement Combo

Customer Reviews
4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5 stars
4.6 out of 5 stars
Price
$209.99 $174.99 $139.99 $180.00 $66.76
Number of Blades
5 5 5 5 5 5
Shaving Head
Multi-Flex Pivoting Head Flexible 16-D Shaving Head Flexible 16-D Shaving Head Multi-Flex Pivoting Head Multi-Flex Pivoting Head
Shave Sensor
Active Shave Sensor Intelligent Shave Sensor Intelligent Shave Sensor Active Shave Sensor Active Shave Sensor
Clean and Charge Station
yes yes no no no
14,000 CPM Linear Motor
yes yes yes yes yes
Arc 5 (five Nanotech blades)
yes yes yes yes yes
Pop-Up Trimmer
yes yes yes yes yes
Wet/ Dry Operation
yes yes yes yes yes

Product Description

The Panasonic ARC 5 Mens Electric Razor ES-LV95 is packed with smart, innovative features to deliver a remarkably close and comfortable shave. The mens shaver uses a five-blade shaving system with unique outer foils and ultra-sharp inner blades, to capture, hold and cut through whiskers cleanly at the base. Blades and foils are made using hypoallergenic stainless-steel to minimize irritation on sensitive skin. The hyper-performance linear motor drives blades for 70,000 cross-cuts per-minute, for a fast, powerful shave. An Intelligent Shave Sensor detects beard density and adjusts cutting speed for enhanced comfort. The Multi-Flex pivoting head floats along the contours of your face for a clean shave, especially around chin, neck and jaw. A pop-up trimmer cuts stray hairs and details sideburns and mustache. The wet/dry design lets you shave in the shower or bath with or without cream, or dry anytime. The Li-Ion battery provides up to 40-minutes use on a 1-hour charge and the Premium Clean and Charge System automatically cleans, dries and charges the shaver. Universal voltage, travel lock and travel pouch are great for travel. To maintain peak performance, replace blades and foils when dull. Inner Blades: WES9170P; Outer Foil: WES9173P; Inner Blade/Outer Foil Combo: WES9032P.

Product details

• Is Discontinued By Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ No
  • Product Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 2.1 x 2.8 x 6.5 inches; 7.04 ounces
  • Item model number ‏ : ‎ ES-LV95-S851
  • Batteries ‏ : ‎ 1 AA batteries required. (included)
  • UPC ‏ : ‎ 885170124110
  • Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ Panasonic
  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B00FPQ70Z2
  • Customer Reviews:
    4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 4,403 ratings

Product guides and documents

Compare with similar items

This Item
Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor for Men, 5 Blades Shaver and Trimmer - Sensor Technology, Automatic Clean and Charge Station, Wet Dry, Silver
Recommendations
Panasonic ES-LV67-A803 Wet and Dry Shaver, 5 Shaving Heads with Linear Motor, Including Hair Trimmer, Navy Blue
dummy
Panasonic Electric Razor for Men, Electric Shaver, ARC5 with Premium Automatic Cleaning and Charging Station, Wet Dry Shaver Men, Cordless Razor, with Pop-Up Trimmer ES-LV97-K, Black (Renewed)
dummy
Panasonic Electric Shaver, Special Edition Star Wars Stormtrooper Design, Wet Dry Men’s Shaver with 3-Blade Cutting System and Pop-Up Trimmer - ES-SWLT2W
dummy
Panasonic Electric Razor for Men, Electric Shaver, ARC6 Six-Blade Electric Razor with Premium Automatic Cleaning and Charging Station, ES-LS9A-K (Black)
dummy
Panasonic ES-LV9W-S LAMDASH PRO Linear Motor 5-Blade Fully Automatic Cleaning Charger with semi-Hard case Silver Men's Shaver 100-240V Japan Import 2023 Model
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$185.14-19% $169.99
New Price:$209.99
$149.99$491.94$265.49
Price Per Unit$185.14 / Count$169.99 / Count$29.29 / Ounce$491.94 / Count$35.84 / Ounce
Delivery
Get it as soon as Friday, May 24
Get it May 21 - 23
Get it as soon as Wednesday, May 22
Get it as soon as Tuesday, May 28
Get it May 31 - Jun 14
Customer Ratings
Battery life
Easy to clean
For traveling
Ergonomic
Sold By
Elta Beauty
Good As New Electronics
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
EC TOWN JAPAN(Delivery period is 10 days)
head type
Foil
Foil
Foil
Foil
Foil
Foil
special feature
Hypoallergenic, Rechargeable, Cordless, Pivoting Head, Pop-Up Trimmer, Dry Shave, Wet, Travel Lock, Shave Sensor, Ergonomic Design, Lighted, Waterproof, Portable
Waterproof
Cordless
Wet, Dry Shave, Pop-Up Trimmer, Portable, Shave Sensor
Lightweight
Rechargeable
power source
Battery Powered
Battery Powered
Battery Powered
Battery Powered
Battery Powered
Battery Powered
number of blades
blade material
Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel
weight
0.44 pounds
200 grams
0.5 pounds
0.32 pounds
0.5 pounds
0.21 kilograms

Important information

Legal Disclaimer

BRAND NEW, IN BOX!

Looking for specific info?

Customer reviews

4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5
4,403 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the charging, battery life, and smoothness of the electric shaver. For example, they mention it s a quick charger, it lasts longer than the cartridges and that it can get almost skin smooth. They appreciate the ease of use and maintenance, saying it's simple to understand and easy to clean. Customers are also impressed with the quality, saying that it's easy to sand right up to the base of your nose.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

894 customers mention662 positive232 negative

Customers like the quality of the electric shaver. They mention that it savors incredibly well, is easy to s ave right up to the base of their nose, and provides a great s have every day. The cleaning station and the razor itself are amazing, and both provide excellent cleaning performance. Overall, customers are satisfied with the quality and performance of the product.

"...based versus the alcohol based Braun station, but both provide excellent cleaning performance - Braun says their cleaning solution is not compatible..." Read more

"...shave is almost as smooth & close as with a blade, but much quicker, neater & easier - which are all major considerations for making the change to..." Read more

"...Overall: For a dry shave the Panasonic consistently provided a higher quality shave in a shorter time. I did not test the wet shave of either...." Read more

"...First, this is a lawnmower, not a brush cutter. It will give you a great shave every day, but if you let your beard go more than a day or two, long..." Read more

360 customers mention298 positive62 negative

Customers like the performance of the electric shaver. They mention that it performs very well, produces an excellent result, and is very useable. Some say that the trimmer works well on sideburns and the razor works minimally well on face.

"...Both configurations work equally well for those purposes...." Read more

"...It has been 6 years since I bought it this in 2018 and it still works great...." Read more

"...May never need the safety razor again. The Panasonic is THAT good!..." Read more

"...12/15/2017: I am still using this shaver on a daily basis and it still performs great...." Read more

142 customers mention132 positive10 negative

Customers like the charging of the electric shaver. They say it charges quickly, and the saftey of the battery lasts for a week or longer. They also appreciate the digital readout showing the time taken to s have and precise battery percentage.

"...going to Panasonic for number of shaves per charge because it takes less time to shave; should last a week or more on the road with a single charge...." Read more

"...The shave is almost as smooth & close as with a blade, but much quicker, neater & easier - which are all major considerations for making the change..." Read more

"...The shave quality and speed was worth it to me...." Read more

"...Recharge time is only an hour and it holds the charge for a week or longer depending on how often or long you shave...." Read more

106 customers mention103 positive3 negative

Customers say the electric shaver is smooth. They say it savors the areas above and below their lips. Customers also say it gives them the smooth head they want without the discomfort. They mention that their face stays smooth for the rest of the day.

"...The high speed Panasonic seems to smooth out each pass, and require fewer passes or repeat passes, as opposed to the Braun's "paint mixer"..." Read more

"...The shave is almost as smooth & close as with a blade, but much quicker, neater & easier - which are all major considerations for making the change..." Read more

"...There's just no reason to rub it around my face any longer. Especially smooth are the areas above and below my lips...." Read more

"...its high-end German competition and yet does the job in fine fashion, smoothly, and without pulls or discomfort...." Read more

99 customers mention81 positive18 negative

Customers like the battery life of the electric shaver. They mention that it charges quickly, it lasts longer than the cartridges, and the saline solution reservoir is very useful.

"...Battery longevity seems similar for both shavers, with the nod going to Panasonic for number of shaves per charge because it takes less time to shave..." Read more

"...Battery has held up well as it will hold a charge for about 3-4 weeks shaving with shaving approx. 2 minutes every morning...." Read more

"...Recharge time is only an hour and it holds the charge for a week or longer depending on how often or long you shave...." Read more

"...Maybe there is, I haven't really looked yet.Battery wise this is great...." Read more

92 customers mention65 positive27 negative

Customers find the electric shaver easy to use and maintain. They say the cleaning device is simple and easy to understand. Customers also say it makes life simple and convenient. They mention that there is no preparation necessary and that the replacement blades are easy to change.

"...almost as smooth & close as with a blade, but much quicker, neater & easier - which are all major considerations for making the change to electric...." Read more

".../charging unit are basically clean and dry or just dry, very easy to understand...." Read more

"...It was good, but it still took forever and often I would have to go over a few places with a razor that it didn't get...." Read more

"...The shaver is easy to hold and controls are very visible and intuitive- looks like a very expensive unit (which it is). Worth the price?..." Read more

193 customers mention116 positive77 negative

Customers are mixed about the value of the electric shaver. Some mention that it's an excellent value compared to higher-end models, the soap refill is much cheaper, and the replacement packets are inexpensive. However, others say that it is definitely not inexpensive, it'a large investment, and that the quality of the cleaning kit is noticeably cheaper.

"...under $200 (preferably under $175), I think this Panasonic is a decent value...." Read more

"...The solution is more expensive and harder to find but it also seems to last longer than the cartridges...." Read more

"This ES-LV95 Arc5 razor is an excellent value compared to higher-end models; the LV97 is the successor to this model, but other than a few more..." Read more

"...Best of all, replacement packets are inexpensive...." Read more

133 customers mention60 positive73 negative

Customers are mixed about the noise. Some mention that it does shave well and is relatively quiet. However, others say that it's loud and the motor has a higher pitched whine.

"...The only peculiarity I've noted is how long & initially loud the cleaning cycle is - but not a concern especially once finished you're gone, anyway...." Read more

"...either comparable cycle at about the same noise level - the fan cycle is plenty quiet for a spouse, partner or family member sleeping feet away...." Read more

"...Sound and Feel: The Panasonic was slightly louder than the Braun, but it was most likely due to the fact that it had a higher pitch since it runs..." Read more

"...It charges quickly, is quiet and smooth, and shaves very closely with minimal extra passes...." Read more

Very good while it lasted!
5 Stars
Very good while it lasted!
This product was bought in 2014 and lasted until now 2023 almost 9 years! All I did was replace the blades and foil every 2 years, clean blades and foil after each shave and shaved twice a week. Everything was fine until a week ago I heard a buzzing sound in the bathroom where I kept the shaver, it was coming from the shaver which was actually turning on and off by itself and while I was away at work eventually running down the battery to zero. No problem, charged it to full and used it twice, charging it before each shave cause the battery had ran down. This week it was time for another shave but to my surprise after charging the power button would not turn on the charger, I then Googled it and found out that it was the main board of the charger has done its time so it's now of no use, battery lasted for like two weeks without charging and is still good but the power button is not turning the unit on when pressed, so I purchased the new Arc6 and is currently waiting on it to arrive, it's so sad that the motherboard had to go, I really wasn't expecting this to happen right now and had even bought a new set of blades and foil which I can't use or return, (the return window closed). Anyone that wants a replacement foil and blade can hit me up for a reasonable price lol, I'll cover shipping. That shaver was the best I ever owned period!
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry, there was an error
Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2016
I recently began using the ES-LV95 after a brief detour with the Braun 9095cc, both flagship shavers from Panasonic and Braun; the ES-LV95 replaces my older ES-LV81. This review is a comparison of the (relatively) new Panasonic with the newest Braun, however contrasting this new Panasonic with the old, the ES-LV95 improves performance and convenience in every respect by comparison with the earlier Panasonic, so I won't reference the venerable ES-LV81 again.

Compared to the Braun, the new Panasonic is lighter weight (7 oz vs 8 oz) and slightly slimmer. It's mostly plastic, but then so is the Braun, and esthetics of either is a matter of opinion. The Panasonic has slightly less chrome showing and is a little more svelte, which I sort of favor, so a win for the Panny for appearances for me. The head is larger - about 1/4" wider - and seems more flexible than the Braun's, moving more easily around a true 360 degree axis rather than the Braun's two-dimensional swivel, allowing the Panasonic to adapt to the contours of your face better. It covers more area quicker, and shortens my morning shave by almost half compared to the 9095cc, but does require practice maneuvering the larger head around the corners and angles of your face. The Panasonic has 5 cutters arranged symmetrically (a center flat cutter for longer whiskers, flanked on either side by 2 foils), contrasting Braun's asymmetrical 4 cutters (2 different flat cutters, blue and silver, with a foil on either side). One advantage of the Panasonic is that the cutter blocks and foil can be purchased separately - the foils wear out faster, so may need more frequent replacement, but can be replaced without replacing the cutters. With the Braun, the cutters and foils are one cartridge assembly so you have to buy both. As an addendum, replacement heads for the Braun have been generally unavailable now for more than a year, with the few that are available priced sometimes at more than the cost of the shaver. The Panasonic replacement heads are readily available anywhere, usually $50-60 range for foil and cutter blocks combined.

The higher speed cutting cycles of the Panasonic (14,000 cpm) compared to Braun's 10,000 cpm, seem to provide a more comfortable shave (for me) - that's 233 cutting cycles per second (Panasonic), compared to 167 cutting cycles per second (Braun), or 40 percent faster. Braun's "sonic" technology also creates more vibration (and noise) in the head and shaver compared to the Panny. The high speed Panasonic seems to smooth out each pass, and require fewer passes or repeat passes, as opposed to the Braun's "paint mixer" vibrations on your face and in your hand. Neither of course is as quiet as a rotary shaver. The Panasonic shave is definitely closer, with fewer missed spots or random whiskers. Panasonic also has a "sensor" mode on this shaver, which reportedly detects beard thickness and adjusts cutting speed, which it actually appears to do; it does result in a less irritating shave than previous models or the Braun, which could be attributable to this feature. The Panasonic requires a different technique and a lighter touch than the Braun - since it cuts your beard more easily, you don't need to apply any extra pressure shaving to get a close cut; in fact if you press as hard with the Panny as you sometimes must with the Braun, it will let you know you've had a close shave, and not in a good way. Easy does it. Both shavers have a lock for the head, allowing a closer shave around more challenging areas such as under the nose and around sideburns, and both have a pop-up trimmer for trimming along a straight line. Both configurations work equally well for those purposes.

Battery longevity seems similar for both shavers, with the nod going to Panasonic for number of shaves per charge because it takes less time to shave; should last a week or more on the road with a single charge. You can charge these shavers with the cord, without the cleaning station, and both are multi-voltage for traveling. Cords are similar with large transformer plugs, and like all wet/dry shavers, you can't use either shaver as a corded shaver but must recharge. Straight cord for the Panny, coiled cord for the Braun. Information on the shavers' LED displays is similar; the Panasonic provides percentage of charge left versus the Braun, which just displays diminishing bars until the final ten minutes of charge. The Panasonic also displays "MIN USED" for a shave, up to ten minutes, when it starts over. I actually find this useful for improving my shaving technique and speed.

The cleaning station for the Panasonic is significantly improved over the previous design, which sometimes had problems with leaking solution. The new design uses a detergent solution and a filter tray rather than a cassette - you mix the detergent packet with water in the tray, and I recommend distilled water to avoid mineral build-up on shaver or cleaner. The Panasonic cleaner is water based versus the alcohol based Braun station, but both provide excellent cleaning performance - Braun says their cleaning solution is not compatible with soap, so none of the Braun shavers that include a cleaning station are approved for use with shaving foam or gel. That's right folks - the Braun wet/dry shavers that include a cleaning station are not approved by Braun for use with shaving cream. The Braun alcohol solution is advertised as "sanitizing" the shaver head, but both cleaning solutions provide more than adequate anti-bacterial properties (remember, you wash your hands with soap and water), and neither actually sterilizes the head (important tip - don't share your shaver with anyone boys and girls). The Braun station runs with a couple of minutes of louder buzzing (running the shaver for cleaning), followed by about 40 minutes of a quiet fan cycle, while the Panasonic station runs the shaver a little over 5 minutes, followed by a little over an hour of fan drying; both stations seem to run either comparable cycle at about the same noise level - the fan cycle is plenty quiet for a spouse, partner or family member sleeping feet away. The Panasonic seems to dry the head completely, whereas the Braun is always slightly damp the next morning. Both station/shaver combos occupy about the same counter space and height, with similar controls and information for drying or cleaning, with the Braun being slightly larger and taller.

Probably most significantly, the Braun cleaning cartridges cost more than twice as much as the Panasonic detergent packs, require orders of magnitude more storage space, and are flammable; one plus for the Braun cartridges is that they are self-contained like the Philips Norelco cleaning system, requiring no mixing. If storage space is as important as convenience however (and we're talking a minute or so exercise of opening a detergent pack, emptying it into a tray and filling the tray with water - once a month tops), you can store more than a year's worth of Panasonic cleaning packets in the bottom of a bathroom cabinet drawer without noticing, while that many Braun cartridges will fill a substantial part of your closet with flammable liquid. Cartridges for the new Braun cleaner don't seem to last as long as previous units either, less than a month on average for me, shaving daily. Panasonic detergent solution lasts well over a month - going on two months now with the current solution and just as effective cleaning. Cleaning with either station will leave your shaver like new and smelling fresh, but both shavers can really just be rinsed in running water, so you don't absolutely need a cleaning station, although it is convenient. The Panasonic head is much easier to clean manually than the Braun since the foil and cutters are separate. The one minus of the Panasonic compared to the Braun is the travel case - the Braun has a nicely fitted hard leather case, where the Panasonic has their standard "faux leather" vinyl bag, but they do provide a hard plastic head cover.

As a side note, there is already a new Panasonic series of shavers (ES-LV6/7/9) on the market that appear similar, with a slightly redesigned head and body, and a similar cleaning station, so the ES-LV95 is not their newest model. Again, be aware that if you are a traditional "wet shaver" - I.e. shaving soap and water - Braun specifically says their only approved Series 9 shavers for shaving foam or gel are the 9040s and the 9080s (the "s" suffix means does not include the cleaning station), NOT the 9095cc. I have used it successfully with a shaving brush and soap, but according to Braun's literature this is an "off label" use and may void your warranty. If you are a wet shaver, technically your only choice is the Panasonic between these two. Highly recommended.
1,176 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on October 29, 2019
Over the years I've gone back & forth between blade-shaving & electric razors. The electric razors I bought were usually something I'd seen or heard touted somewhere or purchased off the shelf at Walmart, purposely chosen from "the middle of the pack" (as in not the cheapest, nor the most expensive). None of them really lived up to their hype and I'd return to blades, cream & water after a year or so, often sooner.

For a long time I vacillated between the top rated models for Norelco & Braun - one a triple-header, the other a foil shaver. Both shavers went for almost $300, so I wanted desperately for my ultimate choice to shave as close as a blade. Still, I postponed making a choice, revisiting the the reviews & testimonials, but couldn't pull the trigger because of the cost. Finally, I got an idea to look for the next best reviewed & recommended shaver I was very surprised by what I found out...

In looking over the Panasonic ARC5 ($167) I found it was reviewed twice as much as the Braun 9290cc ($259) and 4 times more than the Norelco 9700 ($299) - and was rated higher overall at 4.5 by over 2300 reviewers! In reading through a lot of reviews for the Panasonic - both favorable & unfavorable - I found some by men who actually had previously purchased 1 or both of the other razors. Based on these comparisons & reviews I made my order in July 2019 & have not looked back!

I went all in and made sure I got the cleaning station, an extra foil/blades & pouches of cleaning lotion; enough to last me for 3 years without having to reorder anything else. When I received the package there was the advice to give the "system" a full 30 days of use - no matter what - in order to have an informed opinion of the product ...and to get used to it. Although I was already in for the long haul I still felt this was good advice for anyone else using the new shaver for the first time.

At this point, almost 4 months later, I don't want to sound like a gushing commercial - but this is one time where my homework paid off and I am perfectly happy with my purchase. The shave is almost as smooth & close as with a blade, but much quicker, neater & easier - which are all major considerations for making the change to electric. Right? Yes, it even gets those irksome neck & chin whiskers better than any other shaver I've ever owned before. It can also be used wet or dry, with lotion or foam. Clean-up is a snap: just cradle it in the cleaning unit, press the button & go about your day.

The only peculiarity I've noted is how long & initially loud the cleaning cycle is - but not a concern especially once finished you're gone, anyway. At first the shaver itself seemed louder than I expected, but now I don't even think about it or notice. The cleaning/lubricating lotion needs to be changed every month or so - or you can look for the red light on the cleaning station that indicates a need for a change. Simply pop it open, slide out the reservoir and rinse it clean. No filters to change or brush out; add a fresh packet of lotion then dilute it with water up to the line; and you're good until the next time!

Again, I'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to using this system for a long, long time. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or for an update as part of making your own decision to buy one.

EDIT: Today is August 18, 2020, almost a complete year since I started using this electric razor. My opinion & initial review still stand. One thing I didn't mention before is that I'm disabled in a wheelchair with a condition called Primary Lateral Sclerosis (PLS). It has progressed to where it is often difficult to hold things or use use them with one hand.

I find I can easily use this shaver with a "2-handed" grip on difficult days - something others may find useful. It also has a feature where you can freeze or stabilize the head if needed. It also has two settings for closeness - a default sensitive setting, or press the button switch to go to a regular "shave". Either way, I have not been bitten by this shaver, even when shaving a thick 4 or 5 day growth. I haven't had to change the clipper or foil head yet. It is recommended to do so once a year. I've got the extra parts, so let's see how long I can go with the originals.

As I said before: Buy with confidence!
4 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on May 5, 2024
Friend asked me for recommendation so I thought I would share this product with him. It has been 6 years since I bought it this in 2018 and it still works great. I did change the blade about 1-2 years ago, but otherwise the charging station and shaver both have worked great.

I still recommend this.
Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2023
Plastic clip that holds the screen in place broken. Shaver is less than 2 years old (Jan. 2022). Simply unacceptable given the price of this shaver. Attempting to contact manufacturer has proven impossible - filled out long form only to have it error out upon hitting submit. UPDATE: Was finally able to contact Panasonic chat line after a wild goose chase. The wild goose chase consisted of being sent to a site called "Howly" and being charged 10 dollars for nothing. Chat line (which was difficult to locate) was at least helpful in that they provided a way for me to send the shaver in for repair/replacement. I will update again once issue is resolved.
UPDATE: Well I have to admit I was impressed with Panasonic's response to my warranty claim. They have replaced the shaver with a brand new one (not refurbished). Also it looks to be a slightly more durable one - we shall see. As a result of this experience I am revising my review from one star to four stars.

Also, related to this, I contacted Howly and they refunded my $10.

Top reviews from other countries

Oxshott Purchaser
5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely razor but very expensive
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 24, 2019
Gives a close shave and battery has a good cpacity and very quiet. Pity I had to pay all that money to get one this goo!
One person found this helpful
Robert L Glanville
5.0 out of 5 stars Very good shaver and great price when on sale
Reviewed in Australia on May 11, 2021
Bought this shaver to replace another Panasonic shaver as it was quite old. The price of replacement blades and foil was over half the cost of a new shaver in Australia.

So took the plunge and bought the new shaver, very happy with it does everything well. If you have not had a Panasonic shaver before the head is quite big and may take a little time to get used to but works very well.

This model has a good battery in it and lasts far longer than my older model.
3 people found this helpful
Lee heng yap
5.0 out of 5 stars Best in the market, good quality
Reviewed in Singapore on April 16, 2020
Very good product , update grade from my old shaver , after use this , feel great and fresh. Worth to buy .
One person found this helpful
ZO SAILO
4.0 out of 5 stars Best in kind
Reviewed in India on August 11, 2023
Looks pure class with elegant display and works like clock work. One would not need a shaver ever again
Costas Paraskevaides
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 20, 2019
It is really a piece of art in shaving. Easy to use, very comfortable and gives the best shave you can ever imagine.
4 people found this helpful

Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.